Image courtesy - healthyindulgences.net
But what if I put in all the effort and it turns out like a lump of coal or a puddle of cake mush! Had to try it anyway.
It turned out beautifully perfect with molten chocolate oozing out of the center!
Here is the recipe, it was pretty simple and hardly took any time to whip up.
Dark Chocolate - 150gms
Cream - 1/2 cup
Egg - 1
Sugar - 1/3 cup
Flour - 1/3 cup
Makes about 4 full sized muffin cakes.
1. Preheat oven at 180C for 10 mins.
2. Melt the chocolate with cream in a double boiler. Once melted, keep aside for cooling a bit.
3. Whisk the egg with sugar until pale and frothy. I did this by hand, took about 5 mins.
4. Mix the melted chocolate mixture into the liquids.
5. Add the flour and gently fold it into the batter.
6. Pour in greased and floured moulds. I used muffin moulds.
7. Bake at 180C for exact 15 mins.
Took about 30 mins to make the whole thing.
My 10 month old loved it! Here is Adrika enjoying her cake :)