Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Pin Cushion


I am a sewing novice and like most people I love to read and take online tutorials and yes, purchase all my supplies even before the first project begins!

I got these most colorful set of pearl head pins!


I wanted to make a simple pin cushion for these. So found some online tutorials and ended up making something that fits the bill.

Here are the supplies:-

Small circular piece of cloth
A small bottle cap
Small piece of ribbon
Needle and thread
Adhesive
Cotton as batting




Procedure:-

Using a needle and thread, do a simple running stitch over the circular cloth.



Glue on the ribbon to the sides of the bottle cap.


Pull the thread on the cloth and make a small pouch.


Add cotton batting to this pouch.


Stick this pouch into the bottle cap. Here is a neat little pin cushion.



Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed my post. Please leave me a comment.