Friday, January 23, 2015

Going Yachting Quilt

I fell in love with this print!  The moment I saw it, I had to have it. My first reaction was this would make a nice quilt for bu-bu.
Actually I was shopping to make a baby quilt for a friend's yet to be born baby. Evolet has her yachting blanket already, hopefully she's snuggling up with her's!
I have made a few baby blankets before and those go by easy now.

For Adrika's quilt I wanted to go big. This one is 58 inches by 62 inches. Hopefully it would last a good amount of time!



The top layer is flannel. I have used a polyester batting which was quite a high loft. It gives this quilt a big puffy feeling and also lends warmth. The backing of the quilt is plain old baby friendly - muslin.


This one is not perfect. The quilting lines don’t go all parallel, the binding was not all even throughout. In fact I had to rip apart so many seams that its not even funny! Whatever the case maybe, I am still proud of this one. I have sewn a full quilt! I have learnt a few lessons and hopefully things would turn out better the next time I try it.



Hopefully next time I would have the fortitude to piece together a more fancy quilt top. Would love to try some beautiful triangles or hexagons.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed my post. Please leave me a comment.